You cannot make any changes if you opened a snapshot.
● You created project roles (see Creating a Project Role).
● In the Language field (upper right-hand corner) you selected the language you want to use for creating language-dependent texts (see also Multilingual Capabilities).
1. Enter a name for the phase.
The name is language-dependent but you can enter a name of your choice. The unique, language-independent number has been entered by default. However, you can change it.
2. Select a phase type.
You must create a phase type before you can release a phase.
3. Specify whether the phase has a predecessor phase in the dropdown box.
You use this setting to determine the order of the phases. If you make changes to the order, you see them in the structure tree.
The system allows you to select phases from all phases that have already been created. Select No Predecessor for the first phase.
4. Specify persons responsible (see Persons Responsible for Project Elements).
5. Enter a description, as required.
The description is language-dependent.
6. If you want to release the phase for editing, choose the entry Release from the Change Status field.
The system changes the current status from Created to Released. This releases the phase for editing (see Editing Project Structures). At the same time, other existing checklist references are resolved and the tasks that belong to the phase are released for editing.
Once you have released the phase, you can no longer change the phase type. You cannot change the order of the phases or delete the phase either.
For more information about the status and the effects of changing the status, see Status of Phases.
1. Select constraints.
2. Enter a start date and a finish date, as required.
The fields are only ready for input if you selected the Must start on or Must finish on constraint. The current date is entered for both dates by default in the standard system.
3. Enter a duration, as required.
The field is relevant or taken into account only if you have not entered a date or have only entered one date in the Fixed Start Date and Fixed Finish Date fields. Otherwise the system calculates the duration automatically.
4. Select the calendar you want to use for this task.
For more information, see Scheduling.