You can create snapshots manually or let the system create them automatically at a given time. It is not possible to create them in accordance with specific business transactions.
A log is available after you have carried out this function and contains the following information:
· Versions that match your selection criteria
· Versions in which snapshots can currently be created
· Success message stating that a snapshot was created for the project you entered
If a snapshot could not be created, it could be because:
· The version has not been released
· The version was not valid at the appropriate point in time
· A snapshot already exists for the current project in the specified version
· To create a snapshot manually in the cProjects back-end system, choose Collaboration Projects → Versions → Create Snapshots in the SAP Menu and enter a version number and project number.
· To schedule the creation of snapshots in the background, choose Tools → CCMS → Jobs → Definition in the cProjects back-end system.
Note that you have to create a separate version for each snapshot you create in the background because you can only use a version once for a project.
You want to create a snapshot every month for a whole year: Create twelve versions each with a validity period of one month and whose names all start with the same characters. Then release them. Enter a placeholder for the first characters of this name (for example, SNAP*) as a version in the batch job. When you carry out the batch job, the system checks the validity of the possible versions and creates a project version with the version that is currently valid.
Messages in the log inform you about which versions are valid and in which version a snapshot was created.