You can e-mail the selected resources or their managers to notify them that they have been assigned to a project or have received a task. The system automatically inserts project data such as time periods and the amount of work.
Note that the system uses the e-mail address from the business partner data.
You can create
templates for the e-mails in the following activity in the Implementation
Guide: Collaboration Projects
→ Resource Management → Basic
Settings for Resource Management → Assign
Forms for E-mail and Groupware Communication.
· You have defined e-mail templates. If you have not defined any templates in your project language, the system sends a blank e-mail.
If you have Windows NT 4.0 Workstation as an operating system, the text appears incompletely when an e-mail is created. This is because Windows NT 4.0 is restricted to 260 characters for hyperlinks with a mailto URL.
· You have entered the e-mail address in the business partner data.
If you have not done so already, you can enter an address by carrying out the activities under Creating a Business Partner in the Creating a Business Partner from the SAP Menu section.
· You are in the Resources tab page in the Projects initial view.
¡ In the Staffing of Project Role group box under Person Assignment
¡ In the Candidates group box under Person Assignment
¡ In the Search Result in the Resource Search
There are functions for sending e-mails at various places in the application.
1. Choose the e-mail function.
The e-mail template appears.
2. Make changes as required.
3. Choose Send.
4. In the Candidates and Staffing of Project Role areas, you can enter a comment to the effect that you have notified the resource about the project.