You use this process to plan financial data along a timeline. You can define financial categories and category groups.
With this, you can compare forecasted portfolio information with gathered bottom-up information, that is planned data versus actual data.
· You have defined the financial planning settings for a bucket in the Bucket Overview in the Financial and Capacity Planning Settings tray.
· You have defined the financial planning settings for an item in the Item Overview in the Financial Overview tray.
1. The portfolio manager enters the financial data for a bucket in the Bucket Overview, for example the actual costs and the budget.
2. The item manager enters the financial data for an item in the Item Overview, for example the actual costs for the item, the item budget and the development costs.
3. The system displays the financial data for an item in financial views and financial categories.
4. In each view the item manager can enter data to change the financial planning.
The item will have forecasted and planned financial information per category and subcategory.