You use this function to manually assign an existing project in the Project System (PS project) to a cProjects project. You then assign the work breakdown structure elements (WBS elements) to the cProjects project elements as account assignment objects.
For more information about creating a work breakdown structure, see Editing the Work Breakdown Structure.
The description of this function also applies to the manual assignment of internal orders for the controlling methods Internal Order (Structure Element, Manual) and Internal Order (Project Role, Manual) from Single-Object Controlling for Internal Orders.
You can create enhancements for manual multilevel controlling using the Business Add-In (BAdI) DPR_FIN_GECCO_MANUAL. If the BAdI has been implemented, the Determine Default Assignment pushbutton is active.
The project has a project type to which one of the following controlling methods has been assigned in Customizing for SAP ECC under Controlling → Define Controlling Scenario:
● Multilevel Controlling (Structure Element, Manual)
● Multilevel Controlling (Project Role, Manual)
The project has the status To Assign.
Accounting Tab Page
You assign the project elements to WBS elements on the Accounting tab page in the Account Assignmentview. If you have not already made an assignment to a PS project or internal order, the system displays the search help which you can use to find the PS project you require. If the cProjects project is already assigned to a PS project, the system displays both project structures.
Assigning Account Assignment Elements
A manual assignment is only possible if the status To Assign is set for the project definition.
Depending on the settings you made in Customizing, you assign tasks or project roles. If you assign tasks, you can also select a phase and assign this too. When you do this, all tasks that belong to this phase are assigned to the account assignment element that is assigned to the phase. In the same way, all subtasks of a task that you assign are also automatically assigned. You can change the automatic assignments.
If you cannot assign an account assignment element because, for example, it has already been assigned to a project element of a different cProjects project, the account assignment element is grayed out.
Working with Existing Assignments
● You can change the assignments provided that you have not released the project or provided that the status of the project element permits this.
● Once the data of a project element has been transferred to SAP ECC, you can no longer delete the project element.
● If an assignment already exists and you assign a new account assignment element, the old assignment is overwritten.
● By clicking an account assignment element, you can display details of the element or you can edit the element using one of the services offered.
Once you have defined the account assignment objects, data can be transferred to SAP ECC.
Assigning WBS Elements As Account Assignment Objects
1. Assign a PS project to the cProjects project. You cannot enter the PS projects yourself; you have to select them from the search help.
2. Select the cProjects project element and the WBS element you want to assign and then choose Assign.
The system checks whether the assignment is valid and enters the WBS element as the account assignment element.
Assigning Internal Orders As Account Assignment Objects
1. Select the cProjects project element and find an internal order using the search help. Internal orders that have already been used in other cProjects projects no longer appear in the search help.
2. Choose Assign.
The system checks whether the assignment is valid and enters the internal order as the account assignment element.
You cannot assign account assignment elements to checklists or checklist items.