If you have Submit or higher permission on a model, you can create a
chart to analyze its contents. You create charts from the Charts
facet of the model's property sheet, and can view them either in that facet or via the
- Navigate to the model for which you want to create a chart, click the
Charts facet, and then click the
- Select the appropriate dataset from the list to open it in the Chart
Note The datasets in this list are created using the PowerDesigner desktop client. If you
require a dataset that is not available, contact your administrator. For
detailed information about working with datasets, see Customizing and Extending PowerDesigner > Extension
Files > Chart Datasets (Profile).
- Select the type of chart you want to use:
- Column Charts - Standard, stacked, and 2 Y-Axes column charts.
- Line Charts - Standard, area, combined column, 2 Y-Axes, and combined
column and 2 Y-Axes line charts.
- Pie Charts - Pie and donut charts.
- Scatter Charts - Scatter and bubble charts.
- Map Charts - Heat and tree maps.
- Select appropriate measures and dimensions. The chart will dynamically update
as you make changes to its parameters.
- Once you are happy with your chart, click Save to publish it and
make it available to other users on the model property sheet
Charts facet and in the
Dashboard (see The Dashboard).
Note You can
subsequently edit the chart by opening it from the
Charts facet and clicking the
Edit tool in the top toolbar. You cannot edit a
chart when it is opened from the