You can display and analyze the runtime version of an integration process in the runtime cache. This can be useful in an error situation, for example, when an integration process could not be started.
The system creates the runtime version from the definition of the integration process in the Enterprise Services Repository, and the entries for the component and party in the Integration Directory. This happens as soon as you activate the change list in the Integration Directory. If the runtime version was created without errors, it is processed by the Business Process Engine.
● Display the runtime version either in XML or graphically
You can save the XML representation as a file, which you then pass on to SAP Support for further analysis.
If you choose to display the runtime version graphically, this is done in the Process Builder. The Process Builder has a similar structure to the Workflow Builder in SAP Business Workflow; however it is specially designed for displaying integration processes.
● Display the activation log
The activation log displays detailed information about the last activation.
● Display dependent objects
You can navigate to the XML objects and correlations of a runtime version. You can display the namespace, the way that the message content is accessed, container elements, and so on.
● Update the runtime version
You can update a runtime version manually. This may be necessary, for example, if authorization problems lead to errors or if objects need to be recreated after a cleanup.
● Delete the runtime version
For more information about the prerequisites for creating a runtime version, see Prerequisites for Executing Integration Processes.
1. In the user menu, choose Process Integration → Configuration → Integration Directory Cache (transaction SXI_CACHE).
The top right screen area displays the current status of the runtime cache. You must only proceed when the green status traffic light with the Cache Contents Up-To-Date text is displayed.
If the contents of the cache are currently being updated (amber status traffic light), wait until the cache update is complete. If you do not, you may accidentally lock an integration process.
2. To display the runtime version of an integration process, in the navigation tree, choose Integration Processes.
The screen area on the right displays the following information for each runtime version of an integration process:
○ Party and component from the Integration Directory
○ Workflow task: During processing by the Business Process Engine, the runtime version of the integration process is represented by a workflow task. You do not normally need to know the number of the task. However, you can use the number to search for a task, for example.
○ Release: SAP NetWeaver Application Server release that was being used when the cache was updated.
○ Return Code: Return code for the creation of the runtime version:
■ 0: The runtime version was created without errors.
■ Not equal to 0: Errors occurred. For notes about errors, see the activation log.
○ Software component version, namespace, and name of the process in the Enterprise Services Repository.
○ Date and time of last update
3. To display the XML representation, double-click the required runtime version or choose with the quick info text Display XML.
4. To display the process definition, select the runtime version and click with the quick info text Display Active Version.
The process definition is displayed in the Process Builder. You cannot make any changes to the process definition in the Process Builder.
5. To display the process definition graphically, in the menu in the title line of the screen area on the right, choose Graphical Modeling.
1. To display the activation log, select the required runtime version and choose with the quick info text Activation Log.
1. To display dependent XML objects or correlations, select the required runtime version and choose with the quick info text Display Dependent Objects.
The dependent XML objects and correlations are displayed on the right-hand side of the window.
2. To navigate to an XML object or to a correlation, double-click the relevant entry.
1. To update a runtime version with a return code not equal to 0, choose with the quick info text Repeat Activation.
The system navigates to the Activating a Process Definition screen.
2. Choose Activate.
You can display the following types of messages:
○ S: Success message after a step has been created
○ I: Information message, for example about default settings used
○ W: Warning message indicating logical errors and problems
○ E: Error stopping a functional runtime version from being created
3. To export the XML representation as a file, click with the quick info text Save XML Document.
4. To display the process definition for the current runtime version in the Process Builder, click with the quick info text Display Active Version.
When you delete a runtime version, the corresponding workflow task is also deleted. Problems occur if you delete a runtime version of a process instance for a task that is running. The system does not perform any checks.
You must not delete any runtime versions in a productive system. Even in a test system, only delete a runtime version if there are no process instances running at the time.