You can embed objects from other programs in the model window and open them later for editing in the underlying program by double clicking on them.
1. Click on Edit/Insert OLE object.
2. In the model window, click on the position at which the OLE object is to be placed.
3. Specify the desired settings.
4. Click on OK.
The OLE object is inserted.
If you work with the Microsoft Windows XP operating system, certain icons are not displayed.
You can circumvent this problem by:
● setting the color depth to 16 Bit under Display in the control panel
● selecting another icon when inserting the OLE object. If an icon is displayed in the preview, it is also visible in models.
When you insert or edit OLE objects, a progress bar is displayed. This indicates that you are editing an OLE object even if the program window for the corresponding program is in the background.