The Business Process Engine (BPE) executes integration processes at runtime. Numerous functions are available for administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
1. If it is not already running, start the Business Process Engine.
2. If you want an administrator to be informed when an integration process has an error status, set up error notifications.
3. To ensure that you do not run out of disk space, regularly delete any process data you no longer require.
A report is available for this.
1. Use the CCMS Alert Monitor as the central point of entry for monitoring integration processes.
In the CCMS Alert Monitor, you can see at a glance whether processing is running correctly or whether problems have occurred. If an error occurs, detailed descriptions about causes, remedies, and functions for troubleshooting are also available.
You can also use the BPE Monitoring transactions.
2. If errors occur, you can perform the following general checks:
○ Analyze the workflow log
When an integration process is executed, the system creates a Workflow log. You can display the workflow transaction in the CCMS alert monitor and BPE monitoring transactions.
○ Check the runtime version of an integration process in the runtime cache
○ Check the general prerequisites