You have the option of creating a connection between two actions.
You have opened a Process Integration scenario. The Process Integration Scenario contains at least two actions.
There are three different situations where you require a connection between two actions. Each situation requires you to implement a particular connection type:
● To connect two subsequent actions within the same application component, you must define a sequence connection.
● To connect two actions from different application components that communicate with each other synchronously, you must define a synchronous connection. Both actions must be on the same level in the Process Integration Scenario graphic.
● To connect two actions from different application components that communicate with each other asynchronously, you must define an asynchronous connection. The target action must be on a lower level than the source action in the Business Scenario graphic.
1. Select both actions in the graphical work area of the Process Integration Scenario editor.
2. Choose Create Connection Between Selected Actions from the context menu.
The system displays the Display/Edit Connection editor. Make any additional specifications about the connection here.
From action (from the connection), to action (to the connection), and the type of connection are determined from the selected actions.
More information, see Display/Edit Connections between Selected Actions.
3. Choose OK.
A connection is inserted between the two actions and is shown as a polygon in the Process Integration scenario graphical work area.