Assume you have the following configuration:
· Spool server (application server with a spool work process) with the ID HPUX_C11_11 on the UNIX workstation with the host name HPUX
· A UNIX workstation with the host name PSERVER
There is not an SAP spool server (application server with a spool work process) on the UNIX host PSERVER. You therefore want to use HPUX as the server for printing SAP data. The local printer SAPPRT01 is available as an output device.
The figure below shows the printer configuration for this example:
To implement this printing configuration do the following:
1. The SAP spool server HPUX_C11_11 provides the spool processing and therefore requires at least one spool work process.
The number of spool work processes is defined by the parameter rdisp/wp_no_spo, and this must always be set to at least 1.
2. Define the output device SAPPRT01 on the UNIX host PSERVER.
SAPPRT01 can be both a printer directly connected to the host system and a shared network printer.
3. Define the output devices in the SAP System.
To do this, create device definitions in transaction SPAD (choose the Output Devices pushbutton → Output Device menu → Create/Create Using Template).
Specify the following in the device definition:
¡ Specify HPUX_C11_11 as the spool server for the output devices.
¡ For access method, specify U (Print on LPDHOST using Berkeley protocol).