When printing Interactive Forms, the complete form is sent to the Adobe Document Services in XML format. These services return “parts” for the forms. A part always consists of a PDF file and a print file (PostScript, PCL, or ZPL), which are placed in the Global Directory.
The XDC file is the printer description in XML format, which the Adobe Document Services require to create your print files. PDF documents can only be printed on printers of SAP device types for which there is an XDC file on the Adobe Document Server. You can use the administration report for XDC files RSPO0022 to administer the mapping of SAP device types to XDC files. The mapping is stored in table TSP0B.
Mapping to XDC files is delivered in table TSP0B for the following SAP device types: POST2 (generic device type that can be used for PostScript printers, HPLJ4, HP9500, AZPL203 und AZPL300.
These conventional SAP device types are entered in table TSP0B as keys. You can use transaction SE16 display the data in the table for the corresponding “new” device type assigned to each of these key entries:
● ADS type, such as PS
● ADS extension, such as .ps
● Name of the XDC description file, such as ps_plain.xdc
If you want to print a PDF-based form, you must select a printer whose device type has an entry in this table, such as HPLJ4. The administration report for XDC files, RSPO0022, is used to create the assignment of the conventional SAP device type to the ADS device type in this table.
If you want to add an additional device type to the table, you can specify in the report which SAP device type is to be assigned which XDC file, and create the entry in the table.
The basic device types delivered by default should not be changed. If you require a modification of an existing device type, create a separate device type. When doing so, you can leave the device type definition empty; that is, you do not have to make any specifications in transaction SPAD. This is not necessary, since only the XDC entry is taken into account for the PDF documents, and not the definition in transaction SPAD.
The report simplifies the assignment of XDC files to SAP device types. You do not then need to make the assignment directly in table TSP0B.
1. Execute report RSPO0022 in transaction SE38.
2. In the Parameters for Action group box, select the SAP device type and the print formatting.
Do not change the basic device types delivered by default (see above, in the Use section).
3. Choose one of the following options in the group box Action to Be Performed :
○ If you want to assign an XDC file to the selected SAP device type, choose Create/Change XDC Entry and Execute. A window in which you can select the file in the relevant directory appears.
○ If you want to delete the device type from the table, select Delete XDC Entry.
○ To display the mapping of device types to XDC descriptions, choose XDC Entries.
4. If you have uploaded or deleted entries, you can use transaction SE16 to check in table TSP0B whether the action was successful.