This section will guide you to create a Tasks template for your
add-in that represents Fiori Approval Services as
Tasks items, and to work with them in Microsoft
Make sure that you have the URL of the OData services you want to use, and you have
permissions in the SAP Gateway system to access the services.
You can create templates based on Fiori business solutions that are best represented as
Tasks items in Microsoft Outlook.
GWM Outlook Add-in supports out-of-the-box, Fiori Approval Services Wave
2, with predefined mappings to Tasks items in
The following are the supported Fiori (approval apps) business solutions that can be
represented in Microsoft Outlook:
- Approve Purchase Requisition: OData service name is GBAPP_PRAPPROVAL
- Approve Travel Request: OData service name is SRA009_SRV
- Shopping Cart Approval: OData service name is CARTAPPROVAL;v=2
- Approve Travel Expenses: OData service name is SRA008_SRV
- Approve Leave Requests: OData service name is LEAVEAPPROVAL
- Approve Purchase Contracts: OData service name is SRA001_PCAPPROVAL
- Approve Purchase Orders: OData service name is GBAPP_POAPPROVAL
To create a template:
- Open the GWM Outlook 2010 Add-in or GWM Outlook 2013
- Select Tasks in the Select Template list, and
enter a name for your new template.
- Choose Next, the Select Service
- Provide the Service URL to access the service, or choose
Browse to connect to the SAP Gateway
- Click Next, the Defined Settings page
displays the predefined mapping between the SAP
Properties and the corresponding Outlook
Properties in the Microsoft Outlook item,
Tasks. In addition, a summary of the enabled
functionality provided by the service is presented.
- Click Next, the Additional
Properties page displays.
- Keep the default selection for the Custom Tab, and enter
a name in the Custom Tab Name field. In addition, the
navigation properties in the service are selected in the Select
Associated information Tabs.
- Click Next, the Project Summary page
displays, and click Generate Project when done. The GWM Outlook Add-in
template is created.
- Save, build and run the project in Microsoft Visual Studio.
Note To run the project locally in Microsoft Outlook, build and run the project in Microsoft
Visual Studio. The template with data type mismatch will not be displayed in
Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft Outlook opens, and the add-in is now available
in the menu bar.