The installation determines the data source for the user management engine (UME). After installation you may want to change the data source for a number or reasons. For example:
· You are upgrading your system landscape to include new user repositories.
· The data source you want to use for the UME is not available during installation.
The following sections explain what data source options are available to you during and after installation.
During installation of the SAP NetWeaver Application Server (AS), you can install the software with an appropriate data source.
After installation, you can change the data source of the UME. The following data source changes are supported:
● From the AS Java database to user management of an AS ABAP
● From the AS Java database to a directory service
Once you have a selected a data source other than the AS Java database, you cannot change the data source of the UME. Under certain circumstances you can make modifications to the data sources as follows:
● For a directory service
¡ Change the directory service structure
¡ Change to another directory service
¡ Add additional directory servers
The UME supports a maximum of five directory servers
● For an AS ABAP
○ Change which data source configuration file is used
○ Change the AS ABAP used as the data source
For information about the restrictions on changing the data source after installation, see SAP Note 718383.