To assign general authorizations to users, you can copy general authorizations to a role in the form of templates. You can copy the delivered templates, or create your own templates.
Delivered templates for user administration:
· SAP_ADM_AU: Administration: Authorization data administrator
· SAP_ADM_PR: Administration: Authorization profile administrator
· SAP_ADM_US: Administration: User administrator
You require very extensive authorizations to process templates using transaction PFCG ® Utilities ® Templates.
You can assign general authorizations to users in one of two ways:
1. Create a role which only contains general authorizations (such as printing). Then assign this role to all users. This is useful if, for example, all users may print on all printers.
2. Use a template to import the required objects into the role and then maintain missing field contents. This is useful when the users to whom the role is assigned may only use certain printers, for example.
In the authorization data maintenance, choose Edit ® Insert authorizations ® From template. Choose the SAP_PRINT template. You now need to fill in missing details in the field values of authorization data inserted in this way, such as which printers are to be used, and so on.
You can then create your own templates or make copies of SAP templates and change these. To create your own templates, choose the option Templates in transaction PFCG. Unlike changes to defaults, changes to templates are not passed on when you compare roles.
The names of SAP templates begin with S. If you create any templates yourself, they should not begin with S.