Once you have a role, you can generate authorizations automatically. The values of these authorizations are predominantly supplied with SAP default values.
If this preset authorization data does not meet your requirements, do not delete it in the role. Instead, deactivate the authorization data that does not meet your requirements. Then add missing values and, if necessary, copy additional authorizations from SAP templates or profiles.
1. In role administration tool (transaction PFCG), choose the Authorizations tab page.
In addition to creation and change information, there is also information about the authorization profile there: the profile name, profile text, and status.
The status display on the Authorizations tab page displays whether or not the corresponding authorization profile is current. The profile is not current if the display is red or yellow. In this case, the status text on the tab page shows the reason for this.
2. To change the predefined and open authorizations of the transactions assigned to the role, choose Change Authorization Data or Expert Mode for Profile Generation.
You can explicitly select the editing options for the authorization values in export mode. This option is automatically set correctly in normal mode.
3. Edit the predefined and open authorization fields for the transactions.
4. To generate an authorization profile based on this data, choose Generate ( ).
The authorization profile generated in this way is added to the master records of the users of the role after the user master records are compared.
1. Choose Change Authorization Data.
2. You can edit organizational levels by choosing Org. levels.
If the selected authorization data contains organizational levels, the dialog window appears.
Organization levels can be plants, company codes and business areas, for example. Specify a global value for this role for each organizational level; that is, for each field.
You can display and maintain existing organizational levels with the transaction SUPO.
3. Save your entries.
4. Check or change the default authorizations in the hierarchy view displayed. More information: SAP authorization concept and Authorization administration symbols and status texts.