The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio introduces SAP’s own environment for developing Java-based, multiple-layered business applications.
By offering a single point of entry for all Java development tools and an integration point for all SAP infrastructure components, the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (subsequently abbreviated to Developer Studio) supports you in composing and developing applications. Moreover, it is based on a defined software logistics process. Application developers do not need to switch between different development environments for the presentation and business logic. Instead, they can develop, build, deploy, and execute applications centrally from the Developer Studio.
The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio offers full support when you develop large-scale Java projects, irrespective of whether you use SAP technologies, like Web Dynpro and Java Dictionary, or standard technologies, like J2SE, JEE5 and XML.
The Developer Studio is based on Eclipse 3.3, an open source product, whose open architecture provides a suitable platform for incorporating specific functions. The Developer Studio integrates a wider range of functions, available using the plug-ins in the existing platform. The Developer Studio implicitly includes all the standard components and features of the Eclipse Workbench. It extends them with a range of tools and utilities bundled in the appropriate SAP perspectives for the task at hand.
● A robust, fully-integrated development infrastructure, essential in particular for extensive Java projects and for large teams of developers. Thus, the Developer Studio provides a highly productive environment, which covers the whole life cycle for Java projects.
● Reduces the complexity of solutions and increases reusability by providing close support for the component model. All the development objects in a project can be identified by means of a development component.
● Provides a complete set of development tools for all aspects of Java business application development (such as user interfaces, e-business logic, and Java persistence), and also supports standard technologies as well as SAP technologies.
● Increases productivity by providing wizards and a variety of graphical editing tools. In particular, developers can count on significantly reducing development costs when composing views and processes.
● Offers a highly flexible development process. The Developer Studio can also be used as a local development environment and provides an optional connection to the SAP NetWeaver Developer Infrastructure, a defined software logistics process offering change management and production for projects and solutions.