SAP NetWeaver Administrator is a Web-based tool framework for administration and monitoring. It offers a single entry point to configure, administer, and monitor your SAP NetWeaver system, its components, and the applications running on top of it.
The SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java (AS Java) is running.
The SAP NetWeaver Administrator unifies the most important administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools. Some of the main SAP NetWeaver Administrator features are:
● A single, central tool for performing administration tasks, such as starting and stopping instances, checking and modifying configuration settings, analyzing logs and traces, ensuring the error-free functioning of all system components by continuous system monitoring.
● An easy-to-use, task-oriented interface.
● A Web-based tool. That is, you do not need to have a local installation to manage remote systems.
● The interface allows seamless navigation to other SAP NetWeaver administration tools (for example, User Management Engine).
● The SAP NetWeaver Administrator represents the crossover from various expert tools to an integrated, simple, and clear solution. The SAP NetWeaver Administrator also completes the integration of the data sources for monitoring.
To start the SAP NetWeaver Administrator, enter the following data in a Web browser: http://<host>:<port>/nwa, where:
● <host> is the host where the AS Java is installed.
● <port> is the HTTP port of the ICM. It consists of 5<Java instance_number>00.
For example, if the instance number of the Java instance is 60, the HTTP port is 56000.
For authorization, the SAP NetWeaver Administrator uses the User Management Engine (UME) and the Java Management Extension™ (JMX) security features. The following security roles are defined from an authorization point of view:
The roles include the permissions that enable/disable certain elements in the UI, as well as permissions to access the data in the managed system. The read-only role does not allow making any changes in the managed system such as starting/stopping, changing the configuration and so on, whereas the other role allows full control.
Users and roles are mapped by using the Identity Management functions of the SAP NetWeaver Administrator.
More information: User Management of the Application Server Java
The management functions included in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator are grouped into work centers according to the type of functionality they provide. The work centers are sub-divided into work sets grouping related administration options. The number of work sets and their content is dynamic and changes according to the installation scenario.
● To access the relevant application/function, choose <work center> → <work set> → <application_name>, access the relevant quick link, or use the search option.
● To display a list with the quick links of all the available applications/functions in SAP NetWeaver Administrator, choose Quick Links .
● To use the search option, in the Search field, enter the name or part of the name of the function/application/tool you want to access, and choose Go. Asterisk (*) is a valid entry.
The following work centers are available:
According to your role, you can choose a profile to work with a particular set of applications/functions. This option aims to avoid using of redundant applications/functions.
To select a profile, in SAP NetWeaver Administrator choose Customize Layout → Profile. You have the following profiles available:
● Complete List
● Java Developer
● Development Support
● Galaxy Technical Administration
● Galaxy Business Administration
● SOA Technical Administration
● SOA Application and Scenario Administration