Changes in SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
Major feature improvements
Updates and corrections
The following subsections give an overview over the main new features in SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1:
· Based on Eclipse Europa (Eclipse 3.3).
· Integration of the Eclipse Update Server and Update Manager to allow synchronized installations and customized updates.
· ESR client support
· Based on Web Tools Platform (WTP) 2.0 (including graphical editor for JavaServer Faces, integration of the Dali JPA Tools, improvements in the JSP 2.0 support, and so on).
More information: Java EE Development Tools (Enhanced)
· EJB model in Web Dynpro
· Partial support for migration of Web Dynpro applications from SAP NetWeaver 2004/7.0 to SAP NetWeaver CE.
· Improvements in View Designer (such as, cut-paste functionality)
More information: Java Web Dynpro (Enhanced)
· Enhancements in the Business Object Navigator
¡ Bidirectional associations
¡ Optional create attributes (attributes with cardinality 0..n can be included in CRUD methods)
· Creation of index based on custom keys
· BI Integration
· Improvements in the UI administration tools
· Web Services Development
¡ ESR browsing functionality (selection of a WSDL file from ESR)
¡ Services Repository publication (publishing a Web service in a given category)
¡ Outside-in (Creation of a Web service using a WSDL file)
¡ JAX-WS customization in client Web service scenario
More information: Composite Application Framework
· Complete support for configuring Java EE 5 Web services
· Enhanced framework for providing and consuming Web services, including customizations, and annotations-based design-time configuration
· New workcenter in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator (SOA Management) that provides a role-based central location for all Web services configuration and administration tools.
· Introduction of a new mass configuration concept.
More information: Web Services (New)
More information: Services Registry (Enhanced)
· Support for new callable object types and enhancements for the already supported types.
· Enhanced design-time and runtime worksets.
· Enhanced administration workset.
More information: Guided Procedures
· Remote delta links to allow integration of iViews, pages, worksets, and roles into a remote SAP NetWeaver 7.0 consumer portal.
· Usability enhancements.
· Modeling portal content with Visual Composer.
· Improved development capabilities (including, a new Find References tool, new Service Component wizard, and so on)
· New Data Bridge connector allowing the passing of data between Visual Composer and Guided Procedures
· Improved supportability
· Modeling composite views using BI data services