ABAP Unit provides excellent support for test-driven development in ABAP.
Since ABAP Unit is integrated into the ABAP language:
- ABAP Unit testing is always available. You do not need to switch
to a special operation mode or use a specially prepared server.
- You can run tests quickly and easily right from the development environment.
- You can navigate back and forth between a test class and the production code.
This link collection will help you to get started with TDD using ABAP Unit:
- ABAP Unit Best Practices (just remember to use the static methods of CL_ABAP_UNIT_ASSERT for asserting in ABAP Unit test methods.
CL_AUNIT_ASSERT is obsolete,
and that the class definition pseudocomments have been replaced with the RISK and DURATION keywords).
- Programming techniques, also broadly applicable in higher SAP NetWeaver releases: