You can choose to label the chart axes automatically for very simple charts by activating the attribute Automatic Axis Label for Simple Charts (AUTOMATIC_DESCRIPTION) in the Web Application Designer.
- Under Edit Chart, you have selected one of the following chart types:
- Column chart
- Bar chart
- Line chart
- Profile chart
- The data provider on which the chart is based contains only one key figure used in a structure. There are no additional structures.
The attribute Automatic Axis Labeling for Simple Charts has the following effect:
- The name of the (only) key figure is displayed on the Y axis of the chart.
- The name of the key figure, which is generally displayed on the X axis, in order to enable interaction in the chart, is hidden. This means that the normal interaction options are not available in this case.
- The names of the characteristics (or the name of the characteristic if only one is used) are displayed on the X axis.
If the key figures are mixed with characteristics on an axis, the labels are not displayed automatically on the X axis.
The descriptions above are valid for the chart types Bar Chart and Profile Chart with swapped X and Y axes.