Threshold values dictate which reported values generate an alert for the node for performance attributes (see Properties of Performance Attributes). To display these threshold values, select the corresponding node and choose Properties. This method is very time-consuming for obtaining an overview of the threshold values for the MTEs of an entire monitor. The technical view Threshold Values exists as an alternative for this purpose. This view displays the following information for the MTEs of the entire monitor:
- · Attribute group to which the MTE belongs
- · Threshold values of the MTE for which a yellow and a red alert are generated; also the threshold values at which the alert level is lowered again.
- · Unit of the reported performance values
- · Comparison value that specifies how the value of the performance attribute is calculated from the reported value, such as the last reported value, the average of the last few minutes (smoothing), or the average of the last full quarter hour/hour (average).
- · Information, about whether an alert is to be generated when the value of the performance attribute falls below the threshold value or when the value exceeds the threshold value
To additionally display the long help text for an MTE, choose the relevant MTE by double clicking it.
· The nodes are always colored green in the technical view Threshold Values; as it contains no alert information.
· If the properties of the MTE are not specified by the attribute group, but are defined individually for this MTE, the view displays <TID specific> instead of the attribute group.
To activate the Threshold Values technical view, follow the procedure below:
- 1. Choose CCMS → Control/Monitoring → Alert Monitor, or call transaction RZ20.
- 2. Expand the monitor set that contains the monitor that you require, and choose Load Monitor.
- 3. Choose Views → Threshold Values. The alert tree now no longer displays the alert status and reported values, but the threshold values for the MTEs of the monitor.