Actions in the Alert Monitoring Tree
The alert monitoring tree provides you with an overview of the system status of monitored systems. There are various options for displaying and checking the alerts that have occurred. The most important commands that you can use in the alert monitoring tree are described here.
- Choose Expand Tree () or the folder icon () directly in front of the relevant branch in the Alert Monitor to expand the individual branches of the alert monitoring tree.
- Choose Compress Tree () or the folder icon () directly in front of the relevant branch in the Alert Monitor to compress the individual branches of the alert monitoring tree.
- Select an element in the monitoring tree and choose F1 to display a description of the element.
- If the central data cache is active in the display of the alert monitoring tree (this sentence is then displayed at the top of the monitoring tree), you can delete the entries of the central data cache and regenerate the monitor. To do this, choose Refresh and Invalidate Data Cache ().
This command is useful if you want to ensure that the alert monitoring tree is correctly displayed after making changes to individual monitoring tree elements or entire subtrees (see Setting Up the Central Data Cache).
- In the Current Status display, choose an element by double clicking it to start the analysis method assigned to this element. You can use this to analyze and complete any alerts that exist (see Starting Methods).
- In the Open Alerts display, choose an element by double clicking it to start the Alert Browser. This displays all alerts that have not yet been analyzed.
- Choose Display Details () to display the detail data for this element. This includes, above all, the values reported for this element during the last 24 hours (see Display Detail Data and Tailor Display).
- Choose Properties to display the Properties and Methods assigned to the element. These include, above all, the threshold values for warnings and problems (yellow and red alerts) and the associated analysis and auto-reaction methods.
- Choose Extras → Activate Maintenance Function to be able to make changes to monitors. The Change Monitor pushbutton () then appears in addition on the toolbar.
- To switch between different monitors or monitor sets, choose Previous Monitor () and Next Monitor ().
Selecting Nodes in the Alert Monitoring Tree
Tutorial for the Alert Monitor