- Open the Repository Browser (Transaction Code SE80) and navigate to the collective search help to which you want to add the append search help.
- Double-click on the required collective search help.
The maintenance screen of the collective search help appears in display mode.
- Choose Goto → Append search helps.
A dialog box appears.
- Enter the name of the append search help.
This name must lie in the customer namespace (or in the namespace of the partner or special development).
- Choose with the quick info text Continue.
The maintenance screen of the append search help appears. You can now continue as when creating a collective search help .
- The collective search help uses the interface of its appending objects. This is why you cannot change the entries on the Definition tab page.
- If you want to hide a search help included in the appending object with the append search help, you must include this search help in the append search help. On the Included search helps tab page, enter the name of the search help to be hidden and select the indicator in column Hidden.
- The definition of the appending search help is automatically adjusted when you activate the append search help. The system automatically includes the append search help in the appending object.