If you have created a data archiving process for an InfoProvider, you can only make limited changes to this InfoProvider. This ensures that you can still archive data or access archived data.
The following changes are not permitted:
- If you delete a data archiving process, you lose the connection to the data that has already been archived.
- All type changes or structure changes not listed below are not permitted if data has already been stored in the near-line storage.
You can only make incompatible structure changes if no data has been stored or if the stored data has been completely reloaded.
The following type changes and structure changes are permitted in an InfoCube or DataStore object when using a nearline-storage:
- You can add new characteristics and key figures.
- You can increase the length of characteristics of data type CHAR.
- You can change characteristics of data type DATS, NUMC and TIMS into data type CHAR, as long as you do not shorten the character length.
- You can change characteristics of data type DATS and TIMS into data type NUMC, as long as you do not change the character length.
- You can change key figures of data type INT4 into data type DEC, CURR or QUAN, as long as you do not reduce the value range (number of whole number places).
- With key figures of data type CURR, DEC and QUAN, you can expand the value range (number of whole number places) or the accuracy (number of decimal places).
- You can change key figures of data type CURR, DEC and QUAN into data type INT4, as long as you expand the value range.
- In an InfoCube you can assign a characteristic to a different dimension.
- If you delete an InfoProvider and then recreate it later on, the new InfoProvider must have the same structure as the previous InfoProvider so that it can access archived data.