Using the BEx MIME browser, you can enhance your Web templates by adding MIME objects such as images, icons, and logos.
MIME objects are stored in the MIME Repository in the Web Application Server. On the SAP Easy Access screen in the BW system, choose SAP Menu →Business Explorer →MIME Repository(transaction SE80).
MIME objects are stored only in the Web browser cache (client cache). The retention period for MIME objects in the Web browser cache is specified using the back-end profile parameter icm/HTTP/server_cache_0/expiration; the retention period is specified in seconds. The default value for this parameter is 86400, though you can change this value as required. If you want the changes to the MIME objects to take effect before the end of the retention period, you can manually delete the original MIME objects from the Web browser cache. To do this, in your Web browser, choose Tools → Internet Options → General tab page → Delete Files. The Delete Files dialog box appears. Select Delete all offline content and choose OK.
Storing Your Own MIME Objects (For Example, Images and Icons) in the MIME Repository
To include your own images and icons in your Web application, your have to store them in the MIME Repository. To do this, proceed as follows:
- You can store your MIME objects anywhere in the MIME Repository under SAP → BW.
- To store MIME objects, select a folder and in the context menu, choose Import MIME Objects.
- To create a new folder, select a folder and in the context menu, choose Create → Folder.
- To display your images in the Web Application Designer, save them under SAP → BW → Customer → Images.
Including Images and Icons into Web Templates by Using the BEx MIME Browser
There are two ways in which you can include images and icons in your Web applications:
Including Images and Icons Using the Insert Menu
- In the Web Application Designer, choose Insert → Image in the context menu in the layout view or in the menu bar. The Edit HTML Element dialog box appears.
- Under Image Source, choose the pushbutton with the three periods (the path to the MIME Repository is entered under Source). The BEx MIME Browser appears.
- Select one of the images listed and choose Insert. The Edit HTML Element dialog box appears again.
- Choose OK. The selected image is inserted into the Web template.
Including Images and Icons Using Web Items
Some Web items also allow you to use the BEx MIME Browser to include images and icons (such as the tab pages Web item).
- For example, for the Tab Pages Web item, choose the Icon (ICON) parameter for the Tab Panel List (TABPANEL_LIST) parameter. The dialog box for selecting the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) appears.
- Select MIME Repository Resource. You can either enter the path to the MIME Repository or choose the pushbutton. The BEx MIME Browser appears.
- Select one of the images listed and choose Insert. The URI Selectordialog box appears again.
- Choose OK. The selected image is inserted into the tab page.