You have already modeled a versioning-capable metadata object.
- You are in object maintenance. Choose
. Alternatively, you can also access the version management from the collection view of the Data Warehousing Workbench transport connection, by using the object's context menu.
- The table displays the existing versions. Create a manual version by choosing
Create New Version. This version is saved directly to the database.
Read Again to update the display of the version, if other users have made changes in the meantime.
Restore from Version to restore an older version. You can reset the changes to the object in the version management. The restored version is not written to the object's A version at this stage, but to the the M version. You can check the consistency of the object again and then activate it. The A version is not overwritten until you activate the object.
- You can export a version as a file by choosing
Export from the context menu of the relevant version. The file can also be imported. In the version context menu, choose
- There are two ways of dislaying the details of a version:
- You can compare two historical versions (including the temporary versions). Select the required rows in the overview and choose