Adding a Slave Host
- Install TREX on the host that you want to add.
- If you are using centralized data storage:Mount the central TREX data directory (UNIX) ordefine it as a network drive (Windows).
- Start TREX on the new host.
- Start the TREX admin tool on a host that is already configured in the distributed system.
- Go to the Landscape Configuration window.
- Use Add Host to add the new host.
- Select Assign Existing Indexes/Queues to New Slave/Backup Servers. Otherwise the new slave host does not receive existing indexes.
- Configure the new host in the Hosts table as follows:
- In the Slave Index Server for… column, specify the master host to which the host belongs.
- If you are using centralized data storage: In the column Base Path enter the central TREX data directory on the file server.
- Check the configuration. If the check does not find any errors, activate the configuration using Deploy.