BEx Analyzer is an analytical, reporting and design tool embedded in Microsoft Excel. In BEx Analyzer, you can analyze and plan with selected InfoProvider data using the context menu or drag and drop to navigate in queries created in BEx Query Designer.
You can design the interfaces for your queries by inserting design items (controls) such as analysis grids, dropdown boxes and buttons into your Excel workbook. This allows you to transform your workbook into a query application.
BEx Analyzer’s functionality is divided into two modes, each with a dedicated toolbar and menu path:
● Analysis mode – for executing OLAP analyses on queries
● Design mode – for designing the interface for query applications
Working in analysis mode, you can accomplish the following types of tasks:
● Launch BEx Query Designer in order to define queries
● Analyze selected InfoProvider data by navigating interactively within these queries
● Navigate and analyze using the context menu or drag and drop
● Use OLAP functions like filtering, drilling and sorting
● Use planning functions
● Precalculate and distribute workbooks with BEx Broadcaster
● For advanced programming capabilities, embed your own customized VBA programs (Visual Basic for Applications)
● Save workbooks in your favorites or in your role on the server, or locally on your computer
You can access analysis mode from either the dedicated analysis toolbar or from the menu in BEx Analyzer.
Working in design mode, you can accomplish the following types of tasks:
● Design the interface for your queries by embedding design items such as the analysis grid, dropdown boxes, radio button groups, and buttons into your Microsoft Excel workbook
● Customize your workbook with Excel’s formatting and chart functionality
You can access design mode from either the dedicated design toolbar or the menu in BEx Analyzer.
■ For general information about how messages and errors are communicated in BEx Analyzer, see General Error and Message Handling.
■ For more information about restrictions in BEx Analyzer, see Restrictions in BEx Analyzer.
The graphic below provides an overview of how BEx Analyzer integrates into the Business Explorer Suite:
To start BEx Analyzer, from the Windows Start menu, choose Programs → Business Explorer → Analyzer.