You can simulate an entered document before you actually post it. In this way, you obtain an overview of the line items that have already been entered, allowing you to check whether they are complete and correct. During simulation, the document goes through all the checks required for posting. For more information, see Control Functions for Entering and Posting Documents
When you simulate a document, automatically generated items, such as input tax and tax on sales and purchases, are also displayed.
This function is not supported for documents that you have created when parking documents for specific ledgers.
You have entered the document header and at least one line item for the document.
1. From the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Accounting → Financial Accounting → General Ledger → Posting → General Posting.
The Enter G/L Account Posting: Header Data screen appears.
2. Enter the header data and at least the first line item and choose Enter.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Add G/L Account Item screen appears.
3. Choose Document → Simulate.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Display Overview screen appears. The following system message appears: Posting is only possible with a zero balance; correct document.
4. To correct the document, place the cursor on the line item and choose Goto → Choose.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Correct G/L Account Item screen appears.
5. Correct the document by entering at least one more line item and then choose Enter.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Add G/L Account Item screen appears again.
6. To simulate the whole document, choose Document → Simulate.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Display Overview screen appears. All line items are displayed as they would be if they were posted.
You have the following options for processing the document further:
○ Correct individual line items entered
○ Add new line items
○ Hold, park, or post the document
○ Delete automatically generated line items
To delete an automatically generated line item, first reset the item to be deleted, then select the item and choose Edit → Delete Item.