You can simulate a document before you actually post it. This gives you an overview of the document items you have already entered, and you can check whether they are complete and correct. During simulation, the document goes through all the checks required for posting. For more information, see: Control Functions for Entering and Posting Documents
When you simulate a document, the automatically generated items, such as input tax and tax on sales and purchases, are displayed.
You have entered the document header and at least one line item.
1. From the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Accounting → Financial accounting → General ledger → Document entry → General posting.
The Enter G/L Account Posting: Header Data screen appears.
2. Enter the header data and at least the first line item and choose Enter.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Add G/L Account Item screen appears.
3. Choose Document → Simulate.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Display Overview screen appears. The following system message appears: Posting is only possible with a zero balance; correct document.
4. To correct the document, select a line item and choose Goto →Choose.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Correct G/L Account Item screen appears.
5. You can correct the document by entering at least one more line item and then choosing Enter.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Add G/L Account Item screen appears again.
6. Choose Document → Simulate to simulate the whole document.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Display Overview screen appears. The line items are displayed as they would be posted.
You have the following options for processing the document further:
○ Correcting individual line items entered
○ Adding line items
○ Holding, parking, or posting the document
○ Deleting automatically generated line items
To delete an automatically generated line item, first reset the item to be deleted, select the item, and then choose Edit →Delete item.