In order to generate an evaluation, the system must analyze documents and, in some cases, master data. This can be very time-consuming. For this reason, evaluations are always processed in the background. For more information on background processing, see the documentation on Getting Started with the SAP System.
To create a background job for your evaluations, proceed as follows:
1. From the Accounts receivable or payable main menu, choose Information system → Tools → Configure → Create evaluations.
2. Enter a job name, a job class, and a target host for the background job.
3. Choose Edit → Steps.
Here you can define a variant for the job. Variant SAP_VARI is contained in the standard system and creates all evaluations. You can have the system run several jobs with different variants. Click Variant list to display a list of existing variants.
The program name defaulted by the system may not be changed or overwritten.
4. Save your steps.
5. You return to the Define Background Job screen.
6. Choose Edit → Start time.
7. You can schedule background processing for a specific time and date. To make, for example, daily, weekly, or monthly evaluations, you can have the system generate them automatically at the required intervals.
8. You can run your background job immediately or specify a start time and date.
9. Save your entries for the start time.
10. Save your background job.
Your background job is scheduled. You can choose Goto → Job overview to obtain the status of all current background jobs you have created.