In document entry, you can simulate not only the entry view but also the general ledger view.
The general ledger view of the FI document is simulated for specific ledgers. With the standard settings, you always receive a view of the leading ledger. From this screen, you can simulate a view of the update to a particular ledger by specifying that ledger.
For more information, see Document Simulation.
1. From the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Accounting → Financial Accounting → General Ledger → Document Entry → Others → General Posting.
The Enter G/L Account Posting: Header Data screen appears.
2. Enter the header data and at least the first line item and choose Enter.
The Enter G/L Account Document: Add G/L Account Item screen appears.
3. From the menu, choose Document →Simulate General Ledger View.
You see the simulated posting lines in the leading ledger.
When you use document splitting in General Ledger Accounting, you can call up the expert mode from the simulation of the general ledger view.
Choose the Expert Mode pushbutton.
a. The Simulation of Document Splitting: Expert Mode screen appears.
In the Configuration of Document Splitting area, you can view the Customizing settings for document splitting specific to the business transaction.
b. To display the document splitting rules, choose with the quick info text Customizing for Document Splitting.
c. In the Document Display area, you can view detailed information about the split document.
You can also use report FAGL_SHOW_SPLIT to call the expert mode for documents that have already been posted.
d. Close the expert mode.
4. To switch to the view of a different ledger, choose Ledger.
5. To change the currency, choose Currency.
6. To reset the status of document entry to the status prior to the simulation, choose Reset.
You have simulated the document in the general ledger view and displayed any document splitting rules applied. This is particularly useful when you test the Customizing for document splitting in the implementation phase of New General Ledger Accounting.