Before you can use debit- and credit-side down payment chains you must maintain the required master and transaction data.
1. You display your enterprise-specific organizational structure in the ERP System, by configuring the organizational units and basic settings in Customizing for Financial Accounting.
For more information, see the SAP Library under Accounting ® Financial Accounting (FI) ® Financial Accounting – General Topics (FI).
2. If you want to include withholding tax (for example, in Germany, tax is withheld for construction projects), activate extended withholding tax in the company code and define the withholding tax information in the vendor/customer master record.
For more information, see SAP Note 429979.
3. In addition you set up an account in Customizing for Financial Accounting under Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable → Business Transactions → Down Payments Received → Define Reconciliation Accounts for Debit-Side Down Payments. Here you administer customer down payments or down payment requests in the general ledger.
Because the down payment in the business partner account is displayed gross for down payments with sales tax, a clearing posting is necessary as an offsetting entry for sales tax. If you repost or clear the down payment, the tax due is canceled too. For down payments, you use key A for account determination for tax clearing.
4. So that the system passes on all account-relevant transactions to Controlling (CO), configure the appropriate settings in Customizing for Controlling. All data relevant to revenue and costs then flows automatically from Financial Accounting to Controlling.
For more information, see SAP Library under Financials ® CO Controlling ® Cost Element Accounting.
5. If you want to use profit center accounting, you must configure the relevant settings in Customizing. Profit center accounting analyzes the success of individual independent areas within a company.
For more information see SAP Library under Accounting → Enterprise Controlling (EC) Profit Center Accounting (EC-PCA).
6. You configure the settings for down payment chains in Customizing for Financial Accounting under Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable → Business Transactions → Debit-Side and Credit-Side Down Payment Chains:
¡ Number range interval
¡ Chain types for down payment chains
These settings are for the control parameters for processing down payment chains.
¡ Retention amount categories and additional cost categories
¡ Contractual penalty categories and verification categories
¡ Special G/L indicator transactions
¡ Payment block for retention amounts and special retention amounts
¡ Business Add-Ins (BAdIs)
§ You can develop your own check routines for maintaining down payment chains with Business Add-In (BAdI) /SAPPCE/DPC.
§ You can use the BAdI /SAPPCE/DPC_FCODE to develop your own menu options for maintaining down payment chains.
For more information, see the Implementation Guide (IMG) under Financial Accounting → Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable → Business Transactions → Debit-Side and Credit-Side Down Payment Chains.
7. If you want to store contract data on your partners, you must define the partner role in Customizing for Project System (PS) under Structures -→ Operative Structures → Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) → Define Partner Determination Procedures and Roles in the activity Determination of Partner Roles.
8. In Project System (PS) you create a structural representation of the project to which you want to assign.
For more information, see SAP Library under Logistics ® Project System (PS).