Clearing Down Payment Open Items Manually
You clear down payment open items manually, if:
- A customer pays an invoice for which a down payment was made.
- You pay a vendor invoice on which you have already made a down payment.
When you enter an incoming or outgoing payment, you can clear the entire amount of a down payment or just a partial amount.
Clearing Open Items and FI - Document Posting describe how you post and clear open items.
When you enter incoming or outgoing payments and want to clear open items for a down payment, note the following:
) in the field for special G/L transactions in the selection screen.
- In addition to selecting the invoices, you must also select the down payments. You do this before you switch to open item management by entering one or more special G/L indicators for down payments (for example, in the standard system,
- You activate the invoices to be paid and the down payments to be cleared.
- If you want to clear the down payment only partially, you must switch to the partial payment screen. You enter the amount to be cleared in the column Payment amount.