Searching for Amounts
You can have the system propose certain open items to be cleared.
Find clearing amount.
- On the screen for selecting open items, select the field Automatic search.
- On the screen for processing open items, choose Edit
The system then searches for a combination of open items that matches the amount to be cleared, (entered on the previous screen) or matches the difference between the entered line items and activated open items. There are three possible outcomes:
- The system does not find any open items that match the amount searched for.
- The system finds an amount that exactly matches the amount searched for.
- The system finds an amount that approximately matches the amount searched for. A dialog box displays the difference between the amount searched for and the amount in the items found automatically. For example, if you enter a payment of US$ 1000, but the system finds open items amounting to US$ 1005, the difference is US$ 5. You can then accept the system's proposal or reject it.