Editing Selection Criteria
To improve performance, you can restrict the number of line items displayed by entering selection criteria. This is particularly useful if you want to display items from an account that contains lots of line items.
To improve performance, make entries in the following fields:
- Document number
- Document date
- Posting date
- Branch account number
- Reference document number
Choose Selection criteria.....
You can choose up to three fields from the list. To display the technical names of the fields, choose Technical names.
- Then choose Execute.
The screen Selection criteria: Values appears.
- For each of the search fields selected, enter a value or value interval.
- You can also enter a character string to search for in a particular field. For instance, if you want to search for all line items that contain the character string 99 within their document numbers, enter 99 in the From value field for the document number selection criterion, and select the String check box.
Or. This means that you define whether the line items found have to fulfil both search criteria at the same time (logical link: And), or whether the line items found only have to satisfy one of the criteria specified (logical link: Or).
- If you specify more than one selection criteria, for example, date and amount, you can determine how they are logically linked to one another by choosing And
- Choose Execute. You thereby save your selection criteria for the line item display.