With the functions of this component, you can implement the most important elements of a quality management system (QM system), as specified in ISO 9000. These functions are complemented by other integrated application components of the SAP system, such as Materials Management (MM), Sales and Distribution (SD), andProduction Planning (PP).
The integration of the QM application component in the SAP system allows quality management tasks to be combined with those in other applications (such as materials management, production, sales and distribution and cost accounting).
The QM application component supports tasks associated with quality planning, quality inspection and quality control. In addition, it controls the creation of quality certificates and manages problems with the help of quality notifications.
The following components are available in QM:
● Basic data (for example, material master, catalogs, inspection characteristics, inspection methods and sampling procedures).
● Inspection planning (inspection plans, reference operation sets, material specifications).
● QM in procurement.
● QM in sales and distribution
● Inspection lot processing (inspection lot creation and inspection lot completion)
● Results recording
● Defects recording
● Sample management
● Quality Information System
● Dynamic modification of the inspection scope
● Quality certificates
● Quality notifications
● Test equipment management