Use the following procedure to install the SAP Cryptographic Library on the SAP Web AS.
You have obtained the SAP Cryptographic Library installation package.
As user <sid>adm:
1. Extract the contents of the SAP Cryptographic Library installation package.
2. Copy the library file and the configuration tool sapgenpse.exe to the directory specified by the application server's profile parameter DIR_EXECUTABLE. In the following, we represent this directory with the notation $(DIR_EXECUTABLE).
· DIR_EXECUTABLE: /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/
· Location of SAP Cryptographic Library: /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/libsapcrypto.so
· DIR_EXECUTABLE: <DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\run\
Location of SAP
3. Check the file permissions for the SAP Cryptographic Library. If, for example, you copied the library to its location using ftp on UNIX, then the file permissions may not be set correctly. Make sure that <sid>adm (or SAPService<SID>under Windows NT) is able to execute the library's functions.
4. Copy the ticket file to the sub-directory sec in the instance directory $(DIR_INSTANCE).
· DIR_INSTANCE: /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>
· Location of the ticket: /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/sec/ticket
· DIR_INSTANCE: <DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\<instance>
· Location of the ticket: <DRIVE>:\usr\sap\<SID>\<instance>\sec\ticket
5. Set the environment variable SECUDIR to the sec sub-directory. The application server uses this variable to locate the ticket and its credentials at run-time.
If you set the environment variable using the command line, then the value may not be applied to the server's processes. Therefore, we recommend setting SECUDIR in the startup profile for the server's user or in the registry (Windows NT).
The SAP Cryptographic Library is installed on the application server and the environment is set up correctly so that the server can locate the library at run-time.