Version Management of Repository Objects
Version management is active for all objects of the ABAP Workbench.
Version management serves different purposes and user groups:
- The developer can keep track of his or her work ("What have I changed?")
- The developer can restore a previous version by reactivating it.
- The system administrator can monitor work ("Which objects were changed and how in a specific time interval?")
- It provides a basis for any auditor who requires a complete history of changes.
- It enables customers to use the system to adjust data after they have upgraded to a new release.
You can access version management from the following:
- Transport Organizer (SE09)
- Display and maintenance transactions for Repository objects.