Changing the Configuration of an SAP System
Once you have included an SAP System in the transport domain, you can change the following settings on the domain controller at any time:
- Short description of the transport domain
- Short description of the transport group
- Short description of the SAP System
- Host name and system number for the RFC address
- Profile parameter for the transport control program
To change the configuration of an SAP System:
Systems. The system overview appears.
Position the cursor on the SAP System where you want to change the configuration.
Choose SAP System
Change. The screen Change TMS Configuration: System <SID> appears where you can make changes.
- Log onto the SAP System functioning as the transport domain controller.
- Call Transaction STMS.
- Choose Overview
In the field Description in the upper part of the screen, you can change the short text for the SAP System. The other parameters are distributed on three tabs.
change the parameters for the transport control program.
- The tab Management gives you information about the current configuration status.
- Under the tab Communication, you can change the parameters of the transport domain, the transport group and the RFC connection of the SAP System.
- Under the tab Transport tool, you can
The short descriptions of the transport domain, groups, and the SAP Systems are stored for the specific language. If you change a text, you change this text for the language in which you have logged on.
Distributing the Transport Domain Configuration).
- Save your changes and distribute the configuration changes to all SAP Systems in the transport domain (see:
If the host name or the system number of the SAP System functioning as the domain controller changes, you have to set the
new address of the domain controller on all SAP Systems in the transport domain. Avoid these manual actions by configuring a
backup controller and activating it before you change the domain controller.