You use this procedure to assign transaction codes to executable programs (reports). An executable program usually has three stages: data entry (selection screen), data processing (often using a logical database), and data output (for example, a list).
To create a report transaction, use transaction SE93 (Transaction Maintenance) or the Object Navigator.
1. In the Object Navigator, choose Workbench ® Edit Object.
The Object Selection dialog screen appears.
2. Choose the tab More and enter the name of the transaction you want to create in the Transaction field.
3. Choose with the quick info text Create.
The Create Transaction dialog screen appears.
4. On the dialog screen, enter the transaction code (up to 20 characters) and a meaningful description of the transaction in the Short Text field.
5. Choose the option Program and selection screen (report transaction).
6. Choose Continue.
The Create Report Transaction screen appears.
7. Enter the name of the program for which you wish to create a transaction.
8. Enter the number of the selection screen in the corresponding field.
9. Usually the settings in the Classification group box are set by default.
Professional User Transactions are the standard transactions executed in the SAP system. An Easy Web Transaction is an ITS-based transaction, which can be executed only in the SAP GUI for HTML. You need to refer to an ITS service in order to use it.
The SAP GUI settings do not affect the transaction itself but inform the user what software is needed to start the transaction: SAP GUI for Windows, SAP GUI for Java or only the browser (SAP GUI for HTML).
10. To protect the report transaction against unauthorized use, enter the name of an authorization object in the corresponding field. To enter values for the fields of the authorization object, choose Values. The object will be executed with these values when you enter the transaction.
For more information about authorizations in the SAP System, see The SAP Authorization Concept.