You have downloaded the Business Package for Employee Self-Service (BP ESS) from the SAP Developer Network (SDN) and installed it.
You have set up an Internet Graphics Server (IGS). You set up the business package using the Visual Administrator. For more information, see SAP Notes 704604 and 454042.
1. Create the required users.
Assign the Employee Self-Service role (com.sap.pct.ess.employee_self_service) to every portal user.
If you want to allow personalization settings to be made, create the eu_role also.
2. Set up your system landscapesapur.
3. Assign each portal user to a user in the corresponding backend system and provide them with a user ID and a password. If you want to use the user mapping function, see the relevant settings in the portal under User Administration ® User Mapping.
4. Maintain the JCo connections.
5. Set up Adobe Document Services (ADS).
6. If required, set up an Internet Graphics Service. You set up it up using the Visual Administrator. For more information, see SAP Notes 704604 and 454042.