To implement the Employee Self-Service (ESS) component, you have to make some general settings that are not specific to individual applications. Various tools, instruments, and components are available for the configuration. In addition, you can adjust the contents of the Business Package such as the individual applications to suit your requirements. There are also tools and instruments available for this purpose.
SAP NetWeaver provides various tools and instruments for configuring and installing general portal content: You can use the portal content administration tools to adjust the model portal content to suit your requirements, or create your own portal content. You can, for example, create roles, pages, worksets, and iViews, or create existing iViews.
For more information about configuring and developing portal content, see the following documentation:
Portal users can tailor portal content to suit their requirements. For example, they can personalize portal pages or change settings for particular iView properties.
For information about the system landscape and the various components that are relevant for ESS, see Technical Description and Notes on Configuration and Components in the System Landscape. The following instruments are available for configuration and installation:
● Self-service tools
The Web Dynpro applications of the Business Package for Employee Self-Service (ESS) are based on the Floor Plan Manager. For more information, see Floor Plan Manager.
● Self-service administration
The iViews and Web Dynpro applications of the Business Package for Employee Self-Service (ESS) are based on the Floor Plan Manager. For special settings for these iViews and application, such as those to configure the roadmap steps, you can use the Business Package for Self-Service Administrator.For more information, see Business Package for Self-Service Administrator.
You have installed the required software components according to the installation guide.
1. Download and install the Business Package for Employee Self-Service from SAP Developer Network (SDN) at sdn.sap.com/sdn/contentportfolio.sdn. For information how to install the business package, see the mySAP ERP Master Guide and the installation guides. You can find these documents at service.sap.com/instguides.
2. Make the business package settings mentioned under Set Up Business Package..
3. Set up the SAP Java Connector connections (JCo connections) on the Web Dynpro J2EE server on which the self-service components have been implemented.
4. Make the settings required for the area group page (ESS homepage) and the area pages of the individual business areas (Working Time, Career and Job, Travel, and so on). For more information, see the documentation for the Self-Services Homepage.
5. Set up the ESS users and maintain the required data. For more, see Set Up and Maintain ESS Users.
6. Assign employees the authorizations for ESS.
7. You must transport the entries of some tables from client 000 to the work (target) client. In ESS, you must transport the entries from tables T7XSSSERSTRING (XSS: GUID Texts) and T7XSSSERSTRLAN (XSS: Texts for Translation). The entries in these tables enable you to dictate which links are displayed on the ESS homepage and the area pages for the individual ESS applications. For more information, see SAP Note 797174.