To process a worklist you must first make sure that a worklist exists. See also the section Creating Worklists.
1. In the menu, choose Print Workbench ® Application Form ® Environment ® Translation ® Worklist ® Edit. In the dialog box Indicator for Worklist, specify your indicator and the date on which the worklist was created and choose Continue. The desired worklist is displayed.
2. Place the cursor on an application form and, in the menu, choose Edit ® Expand Subtree. You now see all the objects for translation in the application form you have selected. For more information about the different hierarchy levels, see Worklists.
Translating Table Short Texts
To select the table short text required, double-click on it. The screen Translation of Tables with Master and Transaction Data appears; here you can translate the short text.
Translating SAPscript forms
1. Select the required SAPscript by double-clicking it. The SAPscript Translation screen appears.
2. In the Form field, enter the form to be translated. Enter the target language required and choose Translation ® Create/Change. The screen Meaning appears; here you can translate the SAPscript form.
Translating SAPscript Texts
1. Place the cursor on a SAPscript text and choose Edit ® SAPscript Text ® Display Original. A new window opens displaying the original text as translation reference.
2. To select the SAPscript text required, double-click on it. The screen Change General Standard Text appears. SAPscript texts consist of:
¡ Control characters (for example, tabulator,,)
¡ Control lines (for example, paragraph format :/)
Note that control characters, lines, and symbols do not have to be translated. The number and sequence of the paragraphs must, however, match the original.
number of lines does not have to match the original. Save your translation and
release the translated text. To do this, place the cursor on the edited text
and choose Edit ® SAPscript Text ® Release. When you
release a translation, the system automatically compares the number and
sequence of the paragraphs in the translated text with the original. If the
system determines any differences, it issues a warning. You can navigate
within the text to check the cause of the warning, or you can ignore the
warning. If you ignore the warning, the translation is automatically released.
If a standard text has already been translated and released, this version is saved in a Print Workbench buffer. If this text is then changed later, you can compare the old version with the current version.
If there is a text version in the Print Workbench buffer, the symbol with quick info text Execute Version Comparison appears next to the text. To carry out a version comparison, double-click on the symbol with the quick info text Execute Version Comparison. This action starts the comparison editor. This provides you with information about which lines have changed in the current version.
Once all items have been edited and translated, the system changes the status of the application form automatically. The worklist is considered completed once all application forms have the status Translated.