You create price level groups, the price patterns for them, and the corresponding price levels. After the data has been saved, you can assign it to an article group.
To create a price level group you must first have created price level groups in Customizing.
1. On the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Logistics ® Retailing ® Master Data ® Price Level Groups ® Create.
2. You select the price level group category and specify the article group to which the new price level group will belong. Price level group category 01 allows price level groups to be assigned to merchandise categories only, all other categories are prerequisites for relationships with article hierarchy nodes.
3. The system controls the number assignment for the price level group according to the price level group category you have selected. Price level group category 01 assigns a purely numeric number to the price level group. For the other price level group categories, a purely numeric number can be assigned internally, or you can assign one manually with at least one literal in the number.
4. You enter a description and a currency. You can use the field input help to find all the currencies maintained in the system and their abbreviations. The Descriptions pushbutton allows you to use as many different foreign-language descriptions as required.
To process the data for a price pattern, click on the appropriate date fields. You can use the input help, or the symbol to the right-hand side of the fields to display a calendar.
31.12.9999 represents the furthest imaginable date.
If there are future price patterns you can flag them for deletion (DL - deletion indicator). They are deleted when you run the reorganization report. You cannot manually flag past price patterns or the current price pattern for deletion.
The Check Entries pushbutton checks that the data you have entered is correct, and issues a message for any incorrect data. You can achieve the same effect by confirming an entry.
You can add another price pattern by choosing New. If the valid-to date for the future price pattern is 31.12.9999, the system displays a blank validity area in which you must make an entry. If the valid-to date for the future price pattern is a date other than 31.12.9999, the system proposes a validity area.
You double-click on this new validity area to access processing for new price levels.
Note that you can use modification-free enhancements (BAdIs) to fine-tune the checks. It is then possible to set the date checks so that a past starting date, or a time interlude between two price patterns is permitted.
5. To process price patterns, double-click on the price pattern you require. You can enter the price levels on the right-hand side of the screen. A price level contains a price threshold and a price band category. You have already assigned the currency for the price thresholds. After you have entered an amount in the price threshold, choose a price threshold that you can also transfer from the input help.
The last price level with the number 999 specifies the open upper limit of the price levels. The price threshold for the level automatically transfers the value of the highest manually assigned price threshold. You must then enhance the price band category for price level 999.
The price threshold must be arranged in ascending order.
Use the Check Entries or Enter button to ensure that the data you have entered is consistent.
You can use a BAdI to influence the control parameters for the price levels. You can determine the maximum number of price levels that can be changed. You can also change the minimum number of price levels that must be processed.
You can also use this BAdI to enter values, threshold values, and price band categories, to avoid having to perform the same maintenance process repeatedly.
6. Save your entries.