Mass Maintenance of Master Data
Maintaining master data (for example, for vendors or purchase orders) can be time-consuming if you have to make each change individually. It is quicker to make one change and have the system automatically update all the affected records automatically. The mass maintenance tool enables you to change a large group of master data records at once.
You can select the mass maintenance tool within a number of master data transactions (for example, the Article Master, Markdown Planning Master, and so on). All these mass maintenance tools are based on the same basic framework and user interface.
- You can replace Vendor X with preferred Vendor Y for all articles in your Health & Beauty Aids merchandise category.
- In markdown plans, Instead of entering quantities by hand, you can use the mass maintenance tool to determine the quantity of unrestricted stock currently in inventory for each article and automatically insert this quantity in the markdown plan. You can modify this amount afterwards, if you wish.
You can define the scope of data in a selection area either by using standard selection criteria or defining your own.
- You can use the navigation tree to search for entries or to drill down along the objects hierarchy (for example, by purchasing organization – vendor – site in info record mass maintenance).
- You can mass update and clear entries within the maintenance grid.
- You can apply formulas to fields in the grid.
- You can filter records from the maintenance grid.
- You can use an integrated error recovery tool that lists errors and allows you to correct them on the fly.
- You can view and manage data at the reference site level (for example, vendor/site, purchasing info record, and logistics/replenishment).
- You can check for common errors before saving the data.
- User exits are provided so you can update your own custom fields and perform checks for your specific business rules.
See also: Store Grouping