Vendors: Settlement with the Rack Jobber
After a certain period, you must make a settlement with the rack jobber.
The settings in Customizing correspond to the listing in
Vendors: Rack jobber.
Creating Master Data for Rack Jobber Processing.
- Master data is maintained as described in
You have the following options for making a settlement with the rack jobber for goods sold:
- Your company issues a credit memo to the rack jobber at the end of the agreed settlement period.
- If Inventory Management is active, you can have the settlement program for consignment withdrawals (standard menu Inventory management -> Environment -> Consignment -> Consgnmt from vendor ->Payable) create a credit memo for the rack jobber.
- If Inventory Management is not active, you can create a credit memo manually. In this case, the amount for settlement is based on the value accumulated in the revenue account for the rack jobber.
- The rack jobber issues an invoice to your company based on goods receipts.
- If Inventory Management is active, you can run the consignment settlement program and compare the result with the rack jobber invoice. In addition, the GR document and sales statistics can be used for comparison purposes. Differences must be posted manually.
- If Inventory Management is not active, you can compare the total value of the invoice with the value of the revenue account for the rack jobber.