1. In the Retailing menu, choose one of the following alternatives; (the final menu option you choose (Client-wide, Vendor, Distribution chain, or Assortment) depends on the area of validity for which you want to discontinue the article):
¡ Master data ® Article data ® Article ® Discontinue
¡ Master data ® Assortment/listing ® Individual article listing ® Discontinue article
2. Enter the areas of validity for which you want to discontinue the article. If necessary, you can restrict the selection to specific merchandise categories or articles.
3. Enter the date from which the article is no longer to be purchased or sold.
If you want to execute the discontinuation program in the background, select the Offline checks indicator.
4. Choose one of the following options:
¡ Program ® Execute
The system checks whether the articles may be discontinued and displays the result on the screen.
¡ Program ® Execute in background
The system checks whether the articles may be discontinued. You can access the result of this check from the Retailing menu by choosing one of the following alternatives:
§ Master data ® Article data ® Article ® Discontinue ® Worklist
§ Master data ® Assortment/listing ® Individual article listing ® Discontinue article ® Worklist
You can carry out any follow-up actions that have been proposed, by selecting the relevant entry and choosing Follow-up actions. If you do not want to carry out a particular follow-up action for a selected article, delete the identifier for this follow-up action.
In the standard SAP system, one follow-up action at most is assigned to an error message. However, you can develop function modules for customer-specific follow-up actions and include them in Customizing for the Article Master in:
· Define Follow-Up Actions
· Assign Follow-Up Actions to Error Messages
If, as a result, you have more than one follow-up action for an error message, you can display a list of the possible follow-up actions using the F4 help.
5. Select the entries to be discontinued and choose Discontinue.
This triggers a workflow that ensures that all errors are eliminated before the article master records are flagged for deletion. For more information, see Articles: Article Discontinuation.
The articles selected are each flagged for deletion for the areas of validity specified and for the discontinuation date specified. As a result, the article may no longer be purchased or sold, and is released for archiving and deletion.