This process allows you to display, create, change, and delete the hierarchy of the maintenance groups and the maintenance groups themselves.
By assigning field groups to the maintenance groups, you can determine which fields of the article master the system displays in the applications that use maintenance groups.
· 03 Maintenance group managementis entered in Customizing for the generic hierarchy.
For more information, see the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Logistics - General under Generic Hierarchy ® Edit Application Parameters.
· You have defined field groups and assigned fields to the field groups in Customizing for field groups. Alternatively you can use the field groups provided.
For more information, see the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Logistics - General under Article Master ® Retail-Specific Settings ® Settings for Field Groups ® Edit Field Groups and Edit and Assign Fields.
1. You process the maintenance group hierarchy.
For more information, see Processing Maintenance Group Hierarchies.
2. In the maintenance group hierarchy, you create a new maintenance group, assign the field groups and enter default values for templates.
For more information, see Processing Maintenance Groups.
3. You can now display change documents for the maintenance groups.
For more information, see Displaying Change Documents.
You have created maintenance groups. You can use these maintenance groups in the relevant functions in mySAP ERP, and in customer-specific functions.